There are a number of positives to having glass in and around your home; from allowing the sun to shine through the windows and provide warmth, to giving your pool an elegant finish by having a fence made out of silica. There is nothing nicer than being inside of a home or office and looking outside, seeing the trees slightly swaying or the clouds moving.
Even though the positives of having glass outweigh the negatives, there is still some maintenance required. The presence of mould on glass is quite common, and can be controlled using every day cleaning products that are safe and will effectively remove all of the dirt that’s accumulated. Mould, dust mites, insects and pollen tends to gravitate towards glass, which is bad for those who suffer from allergies. Not only do dirty windows cause illnesses, it also doesn’t look incredibly appealing when you can see grime.
Distilled vinegar should be one of your best friends when cleaning glass surfaces, made from a mixture of both acetic acid and water, this non-toxic mixture is an excellent way to remove all of the unwanted matter on your windows.
- Wipe down the window with a dry towel to remove any spider webs or dead insects.
- Combine equal parts of both distilled vinegar and water into a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture onto the window and rub with a cloth, ensure that the spray reaches all parts of the window.
- To prevent the window from becoming streaky, wipe it down with a microfiber cloth immediately after the third step has been completed.
- If your windows have small corners, get a cotton bud for all of those hard to reach places and watch that dirt disappear.
These steps can be used to clean any glass surface, and is an affordable and safe way to ensure your glass is kept in pristine condition. This process can be a little messy, especially if you’re cleaning an area that is quite large, like a pool fence; its best to wear the appropriate clothing and sturdy shoes to prevent slipping.
So next time you go to clean your windows, make sure you follow the steps above to get the best results.